FACTBOOK ON U.S. PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS
Three sets of accident data files have been analyzed to obtain a greater understanding of the personal, situational, and vehicle-related factors involved in pedestrian accidents. These include all fatal pedestrian accidents contained in the Fatal Accident Reporting System (FARS) for 1975-79, all pedestrian accidents in Michigan, 1976-79, and all pedestrian accidents in Washington state, 1974-78.
- Sponsored in part by Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association of the United States, Inc., Detroit, MI.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI United States
Motor Vehicles Manufacturers Association320 New Center Building
Detroit, MI United States 48202
- Wolfe, A C
- O'Day, J
- Publication Date: 1981-2
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Adults; Aged; Alcoholic beverages; Children; Crash analysis; Fatalities; Pedestrian vehicle crashes; Pedestrians; Traffic crashes; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mortality; Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Michigan; Washington (State)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I81: Accident Statistics; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00337384
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-81-05
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM