DOCKET ANALYSIS FOR THE NOISE EMISSION REGULATIONS FOR MOTORCYCLES AND MOTORCYCLE EXHAUST SYSTEMS
This document presents all comments received from the public regarding the proposed noise emission regulations for motorcycles and motorcycle exhaust systems and the Federal government's responses to each comment. The comments include written submissions received during the 90-day public comment period, and testimony received at the three public hearings. The comments and Agency responses address: health and welfare benefits of the regulation; economic effects of the regulation; noise control technology; enforcement of the regulation; test procedures; Acoustical Assurance Period and Sound Level Degradation Factor; labeling; mopeds; and general comments. The document also presents a statistical breakdown of all comments.
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Noise Abatement and Control, 1921 Jeff Davis Hwy
Arlington, VA United States 20460
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Pagination: 131 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Benefits; Economic impacts; Emission control systems; Environmental impacts; Exhaust gases; Federal government; Health; Mopeds; Motorcycles; Noise; Noise control; Public hearings; Public opinion; Regulations; Sound level; Statistics; Technology; Test procedures; Traffic noise; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Enforcement; Noise reduction; Transportation noise; Welfare
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Law; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00337375
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-550/9-80-220 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM