THE MONOBUOY SYSTEM FOR MOORING TANKERS
The discussion covers the origins, development and principles of single-point mooring systems; the SBM; IMODCO, and other types of buoys; the creation of the Single Point Mooring Forum and work on tanker and terminal standardization carried out by its study groups; Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.'s SBM terminal at Tramandai, Brazil, which, in 1968-71 handled 93 tankers of up to 115,000 dwt capacity, and its second SBM buoy at Tramandai, capable of handling 200,000 dwt tankers, the largest in Latin America to be commissioned in 1971.
- Presented at the 10th Asist. REciproca Petrol. Estatal Latinoamer. Tech. Meeting, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, May 3-7, 1971.
ARPEL Technical Meeting (10th),
- Horn, W
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056611
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM