SPECIAL MOTOR VEHICLE DIAGNOSTIC INSPECTION DEMONSTRATION PROJECT. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. VOLUME I
This report summarizes the key findings of major contract activities related to the development of a comprehensive data base on the inspection/maintenance/repair (I/M/R) process. For more detailed information, the reader is referred to the following report volumes: Volume II: Existing and probable next decade vehicle-in-use inspection standards and procedures; Volume III: Field engineering equipment evaluation and equipment condition survey results; Volume IV: Results of automotive test equipment manufacturers interviews; Volume V: Results of owner/operator and mechanic surveys; Volume VI: Characteristics of vehicle repair and maintenance problems for current vehicles-in-use; Volume VII: Scope and impact of new automotive technology; and Volume VIII: Results of consumer satisfaction survey.
- Volume 1 of 8 Volume report; Volume 2 is HS-805 755; Volume 3 is HS-805 756; Volumes 5-8 are HS-805 758--HS-805 761.
Booz-Allen and Hamilton, IncorporatedTransportation Consulting Division, 4330 East-West Highway
Bethesda, MD United States 20814
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Consumer protection; Consumers; Databases; Demonstration projects; Equipment tests; Inspection; Maintenance; Maintenance equipment; Maintenance personnel; Methodology; Motor vehicles; Protection; Standards; State of the art studies; Surveys; Technology assessment; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00337315
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 9073-081-001-001 Final Rpt., HS-805 754
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01666
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1982 12:00AM