EVALUATION OF THE FIRST YEAR OF OPERATION, I-45 CONTRAFLOW LANE, HOUSTON
This report presents an evaluation of the Contraflow Lane Project on the I-45 North Freeway in Houston. The purpose of this study is to assess the impacts of the contraflow lane on the operational characteristics of all freeway users. The Contraflow Lane Project is described and the usage of the priority lane for the first 12 months of operation is summarized. The impacts on the traffic operational characteristics of the non-users of the Contraflow Lane are analyzed, and the total costs and benefits to the public are determined.
- Sponsored in part by Texas State Dept. of Highways and Public Transportation, Austin. Transportation Planning Div.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Washington, DC United States 20590
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TransportationTransportation Planning Division, P.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
- McCasland, W R
- Publication Date: 1981-1
- Pagination: 200 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Buses; Contraflow lanes; Evaluation; Freeways; Highway traffic control; Highways; Impact studies; Operating costs; Travel demand; Travel patterns
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00337291
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-10-74-205-9 Res Rpt., FHWA/TX-81/6-205-9
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM