COMMERCIAL VESSEL SAFETY. ECONOMIC BENEFITS. APPENDIX A. ESTIMATION PROCEDURES FOR BENEFITS OF MARINE SAFETY REGULATIONS
This manual is designed to aid in the regulatory evaluation process. Its primary goal is to provide Coast Guard analysts with systematic procedures for estimating and comparing benefits of alternative Coast Guard regulatory actions. To this end, this manual contains: (1) Procedures for calculating benefits and benefit factors for use when applicable; (2) Formats for categorizing and tallying the benefits of alternative regulations. The overall objective of this manual is to apprise decision-makers of the relative consequences of regulatory actions. The regulatory staff can satisfy this objective by adhering to the guidelines contained in the following sections.
- Appendix A to AD-A098 319.
PRC Systems Sciences Company7600 Old Springhouse Road
McLean, VA United States 22101
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 171 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Benefits; Costs; Economics; Estimates; Merchant vessels; Methodology; Regulations; Safety; Water transportation
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Law; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00337239
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-D-2-81-APP-A
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-351-A
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 2003 12:00AM