VISUAL CONFIRMATION OF VOICE TAKEOFF CLEARANCE (VICON) OPERATIONAL EVALUATION. VOLUME II. OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE MANUAL
This document is Volume II of the Visual Confirmation of Voice Takeoff Clearance (VICON) Operational Evaluation. It contains working drawings and schematic diagrams, technical details, and maintenance and detailed operational procedures for the VICON system that was installed at Bradley International Airport, Windsor Locks, Connecticut. The drawings, instructions, and charts in this volume are reproduced exactly as they were used by the Bradley maintenance and air traffic control specialists; no effort was made to formalize or improve the appearance of this information. This volume, therefore, would be utilized if one is interested in considering future implementation or design modification of the VICON system. Seven appendices were added in order to consolidate under one cover the various operational, maintenance, and design details for the VICON system and its components.
- See also Volume 1, AD-A097 756.
Federal Aviation AdministrationWilliam J. Hughes Technical Center, Airport Technology Research and Development Branch
Atlantic City International Airport
Atlantic City, NJ United States 08405
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Maurer, J J
- Castle, B
- Novakoff, A K
- Nelson, R
- Roditi, S
- Publication Date: 1981-2
- Pagination: 284 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Diagrams; Electrical wiring; Maintenance; Manuals; Parts; Signal lights; Takeoff; Tests; Training; Wiring
- Old TRIS Terms: Schematic diagrams; Test and evaluation
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00337233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-CT-80-60-2, FAA-RD-80-114-2
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 2003 12:00AM