AN INVESTIGATION OF TRUCK SIZE AND WEIGHT LIMITS: TECHNICAL SUPPLEMENT VOLUME 2. TRUCK AND RAIL COST EFFECTS OF TRUCK SIZE AND WEIGHT LIMITS
This volume presents reported truck and rail operating data and analytical methods developed to estimate changes in transportation prices attributable to specific sets of truck size and weight limits. A system of cost based "rates" (or average shipment charges) is developed for differentiating among specific truck and rail transport services by allocating full economic cost to appropriate vehicle payloads. The affects of various truck size and weight limits are examined in terms of changes in the competitive relationships among various highway and rail carrier services.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- KOCHANOWSKI, R J
- SULLIVAN, D P
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Pagination: 255 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Analysis; Axle load force; Competition; Costs; Freight cars; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Labor market; Laws; Motor carriers; Operating costs; Railroad transportation; Rate making; Rates; Size; Size and weight regulations; Sizing apparatus; Trucks; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; High axle loads; Rates costs; Truck laws & regulations
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00337221
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-80-6 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM