MUD AND ROCK ANCHOR FEASIBILITY AND DESIGN STUDY FOR MULTI-LEG MOORING SYSTEM
The M50 and M200 explosive embedment anchors, satisfactory in clay and sand, cannot develop the required holding power in mud and cannot penetrate rock. Means for extending the tanker multi-leg mooring system to include mud and consolidated rock were investigated. Subbottom correlation systems also were investigated to provide a means of predicting the holding power of the various kinds of anchors in specific mooring locations.
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Schuette, H W
- Sweeney, P E
- Publication Date: 1969-9
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Mooring; Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Explosive anchors
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056600
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: ER-5885
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM