SKATTNING AV SPECIFIK BRAENSLEFOERBRUKNING FOER OLIKA FORDONSKATEGORIER UNDER VARIERADE KOERFOERHALLANDEN (ESTIMATES OF SPECIFIC FUEL CONSUMPTION FOR DIFFERENT VEHICLE CATEGORIES UNDER VARYING DRIVING CONDITIONS)
In order to get a more detailed basis for the determination of fuel rations in the event of an oil rationing, the institute has made estimates of the specific fuel consumption for cars in different weight classes. A method for correction of the fuel consumption values according to trip length and ambient temperature, is also presented. The Swedish mandatory fuel consumption declaration was chosen as a basis for the estimates. This fuel consumption value is a composite value of 55% CVS cycle (USA 1972) and 45% HDC (Highway Driving Cycle). By putting together the declaration values for all cars of year models 1978 and 1979 sold on the Swedish market, mean values of the fuel consumption for cars in different weight classes have been estimated.
- Text in Swedish; summary in Swedish and English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- ODSELL, O
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Fuel consumption; Temperature; Vehicle power plants; Velocity; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Energy; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00337195
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-214
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM