FOERSKOLEBARNS TRAFIKUTBILDNING OCH TRAFIKTRAENING: EN KARTLAEGGANDE STUDIE AV DAGENS SITUATION (TRAFFIC EDUCATION AND TRAFFIC TRAINING OF PRESCHOOL CHILDREN: A SURVEY STUDY OF THE CURRENT SITUATION)
A questionnaire concerning traffic training was sent to 248 preschools in 30 urban districts in Sweden. The total response rate was 96%. Forty of the schools were contacted for interviews and observations. Traffic education was very frequent in more than half of the preschools. Special traffic programs were carried out in half of the preschools once per term. Informal traffic education was also carried out by most teachers when they were out with the children in traffic. Cooperation with the police occurred in more than half of the preschools, although this was of varying quality.
- Text in Swedish; summary in Swedish and English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6030.
- Arnberg, P W
- Olausson, M
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Children; Instructors; Schools; Specialized training; Surveys; Traffic safety
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00337192
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-205
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM