VAEGKORSNINGAR INOM HUVUDVAEGNAETET MED HASTIGHETSBEGRAENSNING 50 KM/H. EN OLYCKSSTUDIE (MAIN ROAD JUNCTIONS WITH A SPEED LIMIT OF 50 KM/H. AN ACCIDENT STUDY)
The study deals with level junctions in the main road network with a 50 km/h speed limit on every state road connection. The accident data refers to police-reported accidents during the years 1972-75. The study deals with where the junctions are situated (urban or rural area), traffic volume, traffic composition and junction design. The study also includes an investigation of how accident rate (number of accidents per entering vehicle) and injury consequence (number of injuries per accident) vary and how the accidents are distributed on type of conflict. Attempts were made to estimate how the risk of a vehicle being involved in an accident varies between the different traffic streams. Comparisons were also made between accident rate in junctions with a 50 km/h speed limit (mainly urban areas) and in junctions with a speed limit > or equal 70 km/h on every state road connection (mainly rural areas).
- Text in Swedish; abstract in Swedish and English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- BRUEDE, U
- Larsson, Johan
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway traffic; Injuries; Intersections; Rural areas; Traffic crashes; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00337186
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-233
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM