AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING PROCESSES. VOLUME I - OVERVIEW
Extensive material substitution and re-sizing of the domestic automotive fleet, as well as the introduction of new technologies, will require major changes in the techniques and equipment used in the various manufacturing processes employed in the production of automobiles. The purpose of this report is to document and analyze the publically available data on current and projected motor vehicle production processes and equipment and to report on impending changes. This volume deals with the history of automotive-related government standards and the impact on the automotive production processes and vehicle design, future trends in automotive design, and the implications of these changes on the manufacturing infrastructure. Also included is an overview of engine and emission control systems and two passive restraint systems.
- See also Vol 2, HS-805 573; Vol 3, HS-805 574; Vol 4, HS-805 575; Vol 5, HS-805 576. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E20, PB81-183717.
Booz-Allen and Hamilton, Incorporated4330 East-West Highway
Bethesda, MD United States 20814
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1981-2
- Pagination: 178 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Assemblies (Equipment); Automobile industry; Automobiles; Casting; Concrete finishing; Control devices; Equipment; Forging; Forming; Machining; Manual safety belts; Manufacturing; Motor vehicle industry; Production control; Standards; Structural design; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution control devices; Assembling; Forming techniques; Motor vehicle engines; Stamping
- Subject Areas: Design; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00337161
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSCNHTSA-80-21-1Final Rpt., HS-805 572
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1609
- Files: HSL, NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1982 12:00AM