MOTORCYCLE RIDER ADVANCEMENT COURSE DEVELOPMENT PLAN
The report describes the development of a plan for a Motorcycle Rider Advancement Course designed to reduce the incidence and severity of motorcycle accidents among experienced motorcycle operators. Three research studies helped to determine course requirements: (1) an indepth analysis of motorcycle accidents, (2) measurement of knowledge and skill deficiencies among experienced riders, and (3) an assessment of the potential market for a Motorcycle Rider Advancement Course. The results of this effort were incorporated into a Motorcycle Rider Advancement Course Plan. The Plan contains objectives, content, materials, equipment, and instructional activities for a modularized program.
National Public Services Research Institute123 North Pitt Street
Alexandria, VA United States 22314
Washington, DC United States 20590
- McKnight, A J
- McPherson, K
- Knipper, A C
- Publication Date: 1980-12
- Pagination: 131 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash severity; Driver improvement programs; Driver performance; Drivers; Education; Motorcycles; Motorcyclists; Personnel performance; Prevention; Safety; Specialized training; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver improvement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00337144
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-805-738 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01735
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM