NONDESTRUCTIVE TECHNIQUES FOR MEASURING THE LONGITUDINAL FORCE IN RAILS, PROCEEDINGS OF A JOINT GOVERNMENT-INDUSTRY CONFERENCE HELD IN WASHINGTON, DC. ON FEBRUARY 26-27, 1979
The Conference on Nondestructive Techniques for Measuring the Longitudinal Force in Rails consisted of an introductory session followed by three major sessions on ultrasonic techniques, Barkhausen and sonic techniques, and X-ray diffraction techniques. This report is made up of the technical papers presented at the conference, together with the edited transcripts of the panel discussions and question-and-answer periods held at the end of each major session.
- Record URL:
Unified Industries, Incorporated205 Yoakum Parkway
Alexandria, VA United States 22304
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Elliott, P
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 191 p.
- TRT Terms: Buckling; Continuous welded rail; Diffraction; Force; Inspection; Instrumentation; Magnetic properties; Meetings; Nondestructive tests; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Residual stress; Sonic tests; Stresses; Structural analysis; Ultrasonic tests; X ray analysis; X rays
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longitudinal forces; X-ray diffraction
- Old TRIS Terms: Barkhausen effect; Rail stress; Sonic testing; X-ray inspection
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00337143
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-80/50 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-8046
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM