PASSENGER CAR SPARK IGNITION DATA BASE. VOLUME II: DISCUSSION AND RESULTS
Test data was obtained from spark ignition production and preproduction engines at the engine and vehicle level. The engines were applicable for vehicles 2000 to 3000 pounds in weight. The data obtained provided trade-offs between fuel economy, power, emission constraints and emission control technology, and other relevent parameters. Volume II, the main body of the report, provides a discussion of the fuel economy and emissions obtained, a description of the engine/vehicle system tested and the results of factory driveability tests.
- See also Vol 1, HS-805 456, PB81-166076; Vol 3 (2 parts) HS-805 458, PB81-166092, 166100. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E99, PB81-166068.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Oetting, H
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 390 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Alternatives analysis; Analysis; Automobiles; Costs; Equipment; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Performance evaluations; Power; Spark ignition engines; Technology; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution control devices
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00337125
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-NHTSA-79-162Final Rpt., HS-805 457
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1269
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1982 12:00AM