COMPUTER PROGRAMS FOR SETTLEMENT ANALYSIS
This report documents and gives example runs of three computer programs for performing settlement analysis of foundations and embankments. The programs are I0016, MAGSETII, and FD31. Program I0016 determines vertical stresses beneath footings and embankments. MAGSETII was written to calculate the magnitudes of settlement of multilayered soil systems. FD31 was developed to determine time-settlement relationships for cohesive soils due to large uniformly distributed loads.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Mosher, R L
- Radhakrishnan, N
- Publication Date: 1980-10
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Calculation; Clay; Cohesion; Cohesive soils; Computer programs; Embankments; Foundations; Gravel; Input output devices; Load transfer; Loads; Sand; Settlement (Structures); Soil mechanics; Strain (Mechanics); Stresses; Structural analysis; Test procedures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computation; Vertical stress
- Old TRIS Terms: Foundations (Structures); Input output processing
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00337074
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WES INSTRUCTION-K805Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM