BICYCLE WHEEL RIM REFLECTIVE MATERIALS TEST METHOD DEVELOPMENT
A prototype testing apparatus was designed and built for use in conducting abrasion tests on reflective materials applied to bicycle wheel rims. Data obtained on the effects of various arbitrarily selected test parameters on a pressure sensitive reflective tape, used as a model, indicate that the abrader and test procedures are suitable for use in compliance testing of rim-applied retroreflective materials. Materials of this type, intended for use in lieu of spoke reflectors or retroreflective tires, are not included in the current bicycle safety regulations promulgated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Sponsored in part by Consumer Product Safety Commission, Bethesda, MD.
National Bureau of StandardsNational Engineering Laboratory
Gaithersburg, MD United States 20760
Consumer Product Safety Commission1750 K Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Toner, S D
- Wakamiya, S K
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Abrasion tests; Bicycles; Coatings; Materials; Reflectivity; Reflectorized materials; Regulations; Safety; Standards; Test procedures; Wheel rims; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Reflective coatings; Rims; Tapes /metallic and elastomeric/
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Law; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I35: Miscellaneous Materials; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00336736
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBSIR-80-2035
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM