OUR NATIONAL LANDSCAPE, PROCEEDINGS OF A CONFERENCE ON APPLIED TECHNIQUES FOR ANALYSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF THE VISUAL RESOURCE HELD AT INCLINE VILLAGE, NEVADA ON APRIL 23-25, 1979
These 104 papers were presented at "Our National Landscape: A Conference on Applied Techniques for Analysis and Management of the Visual Resource," Incline Village, Nevada, April 23-25, 1979. Included in this proceedings are state-of-the-art papers on landscape planning. Emphasis is upon planning the visual aspects of the large and wildland areas of the United States. Specifically, papers address these themes: landscape challenges (presented as a series of "simulated visual field trips"); descriptive, quantitative, and psychometric methodologies available to solve landscape problems; available legal and policy tools; combinations of technology for solving problems; landscape management systems; new dimensions of landscape planning; and priorities for research.
Pacific Southwest Forest & Range Experiment StaBerkeley, CA United States
- Elsner, G H
- Smardon, R C
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 762 p.
- TRT Terms: Aesthetics; Arid land; Conferences; Conservation; Forests; General surface features of the earth; Highways; Inventory; Land use; Management; Mathematical models; Meetings; Mining; Parks; Policy; Recreation; Simulation; Water resources; Wildlife
- Uncontrolled Terms: Landforms; Landscape
- Old TRIS Terms: Grazing land; Surface mining
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Environment; Freight Transportation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00336717
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FSGTR-PSW-35 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM