FUNCTIONAL DESIGN OF FERRY SYSTEMS. PHASE 1
This report provides a comprehensive and critical review of the two key functional components of ferry systems--vessels and terminals--operating in the U.S. and Canada. It is intended primarily to be used as an informational and planning document by urban transportation planners considering waterborne transport as an alternative passenger mode. Both conventional and advanced technology high speed vessels are examined. Transportation engineering and pedestrian facility planning techniques are utilized in recommending efficient terminal design and operations.
Polytechnic Institute of New YorkTransportation Training and Research Center, 33 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY United States 11201
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Habib, P A
- Bloch, A
- Roess, R P
- Publication Date: 1980-7
- Pagination: 145 p.
- TRT Terms: Boats; Design; Ferries; Intermodal terminals; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Ship structural components; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Marine surface propulsion; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Marine Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00336702
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-970-80085 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA79-SAC-B0015
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 12 1982 12:00AM