THE GENERATION OF INTEGRATED PUBLIC TRANSPORT TRAVEL INFORMATION BY COMPUTER
The existing procedures utilized by travel enquiry clerks, when answering inquiries on journeys involving interchange, are often cumbersome and sometimes slow. The use of a computer to compile travel information would thus appear to be of benefit to travellers and public transport operators alike by providing the facilities for quicker, more accurate and consistent responses to inquirers. The practicability of producing computer software that would generate schedules of trip-opportunities from the public transport timetables was investigated by the Transport and Road Research Laboratory. The Report describes the software developed, the various options that may be adopted in it, its input and its output. The software has a number of other applications of interest to local authorities, which are also described. (Copyright (c) Crown Copyright 1980.)
- Also pub. as ISSN-0305-1315.
Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom
- PICKETT, M W
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programming; Information services; Information systems; Scheduling; Transportation; Travel; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00336690
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRRL-SR-630
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM