EFFECTS OF BANK STABILIZATION ON THE PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF STREAMS AND SMALL RIVERS: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
This annotated bibliography provides a reference source of information on the impacts of bank stabilization on the physical and chemical characteristics of streams and small rivers. The bibliography has 213 references, and is indexed by 26 key subject headings. Papers range from technical documents to general discussions addressing the physical and chemical changes that result from various types of bank stabilization activities.
- Prepared in cooperation with Missouri Univ.-Rolla. Missouri Inst. of River Studies.
University of Missouri, Kansas CityDepartment of Biology
Kansas City, MO United States 64110
Fish and Wildlife ServiceEastern Energy and Land Use Team
Kearneysville, West VA, United States
- Stern, D H
- Stern, M S
- Publication Date: 1980-7
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Aquatic life; Bank protection; Banks (Waterways); Bibliographies; Channel stabilization; Channels (Waterways); Ecology; Environmental impacts; Fishes; Flow; Improvements; Marine biology; Physical properties; Riprap; Rivers; Scour; Slopes; Soil stabilization; Streamflow; Streams; Turbidity; Water pollution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Stabilization
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure; I26: Water Run-off - Freeze-thaw;
- Accession Number: 00336645
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FWS/OBS-80/12 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DI-14-16-0009-78-035
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM