DISTRIBUTION MODELS FOR THE JOURNEY TO WORK
The report describes two alternative approaches to modelling the distribution of work journeys for given locations of homes and of jobs. The first approach is the traditional one based on a deterence function or a gravity model; the second is based on random utility theory, in which each individual chooses his home or workplace or both so as to maximize his perceived utility. (Copyright (c) Crown Copyright 1980.)
- Also pub. as ISSN-0305-1293.
Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom
- TANNER, J C
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Cities; Cities and towns; City planning; Gravity models; Highway transportation; Land use; Location; Mathematical models; Position fixing; Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel; Travel demand; Urban transportation; Utility theory; Work trips
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation models
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00336056
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRRL-LR-951
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: May 21 1982 12:00AM