ANALYSIS OF MORTGAGE-RELATED PROBLEMS IN THE FINANCIAL AND CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING OF RAILROADS. VOLUME 1
Impediments to change occurring within existing railroad financial structures are identified, with particular emphasis on long term financing by mortgage bonds. Characteristics of railroad mortgage bonds are summarized. Impacts of mortgage restrictions upon corporate restructuring proposals are identified. The feasibility of using mathematical models to estimate the fair market value of infrequently traded railroad bonds is assessed. Conclusions, recommendations, and analysis are presented in Volume I. Volume II of the report is a four part compilation of the characteristics of mortgage bonds outstanding on December 31, 1975.
Kidder, Peabody and Company, Incorporated10 Hanover Square
New York, NY United States 10005
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Fuentevilla, W
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Assets; Bankruptcy; Financial analysis; Industry structure; Investments; Leasing; Legal factors; Mergers; Right of way (Land); Trackage rights; Valuation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mortgages
- Old TRIS Terms: Property investment; Regional rail reorganization act
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00335859
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OPPD-79-6-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-75239
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM