HARRINGTON SALT MARSH STUDY--INTERIM REPORT
This report evaluates the fifth year of plant growth and development on the MDOT experimental marsh, the Harrington Salt Marsh, consisting of both marine and freshwater components. Because of limited funding in-depth studies were not carried out during 1980. Instead, on site studies mainly consisted of easily determined (percent cover and hydrographic) measurements. However in-depth biomass determinations were made during August for comparison with previous years. Similarly the spread of Scirpus paludosus and other colonizers was determined at the end of the growing season. Emphasis in this report will continue on the growth, general development and succession of plants on the experimental marsh.
Bangor, ME United States 04402
- Vadas, R L
- Publication Date: 1981-1
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Biomass; Fresh water; Hydrography; Marshes; Measurement; Plants; Saline soils
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00335743
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Paper 81-3
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM