THE BENEFITS OF USING SCALE MODELS IN "OFF-SHORE" STUDIES
Because offshore techniques are new and do not lend themselves readily to accurate mathematical evaluations, the Port du Havre authority made great use of scale models in their project for a very large offshore terminal for tankers of 500,000-1,000,000 dwt. The IMODCO Co., with the aid of SOGREAH, has developed the use of a model for the correct dimensioning of anchor buoys (type SPM) for loading very large tankers.
- Held in Bordeaux, France, March 1971.
International Exploitation Oceans Colloguium,
- Schiber, M
- Sommet, M
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Ports; Single point moorings; Studies
- Old TRIS Terms: Model scaling; Port study models; Spm description and plans
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056522
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Theme I, 1:THI-T3-03Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1974 12:00AM