"ONE-FUEL" SHIP TO RETURN AN OVERALL AT-SEA CONSUMPTION OF 125G/BHP H
Mr. H. R. Selby, director (marine engineering) of London-based naval architects Hart, Fenton and Co. Ltd., details the company's approach to evolving a ship which will need to bunker only one fuel grade (cSt 380 viscosity) and aims to yield at sea an overall specific consumption of 125 g/bhp h for both propulsion and electrical requirements by eliminating diesel-alternator sets.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
IPC Industrial Press LimitedQuadrant House, The Quadrant
Sutton, Surrey, England
- Publication Date: 1981-2
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Economic analysis; Economics; Economizers; Electric power plants; Energy conservation; Fuel composition; Fuel consumption; Turbines; Waste heat utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fuel quality
- Old TRIS Terms: Medium speed diesels; Power plant economics; Power plant selection; Turbomachinery
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00330514
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM