ECONOMICS OF SLURRY PIPELINE SYSTEMS
The economics of transportation of solids in slurry pipeline systems is presented, including the impact of cost escalation on this transportation mode. Costs of alternate forms of transportation are discussed. The physical dimensions and experience with existing commercial systems are reviewed, and the environmental impacts and energy requirements of commercial slurry pipeline transportation systems are described.
- Presented at HYDROTRANSPORT 3--Third International Conference on the Hydraulic Transport of Solids in Pipes, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colo., May 15-17, 1974. Sponsored by BHRA Fluid Engineering. Complete set of Conference papers available for $45.00.
Colorado School of Mines1500 Illinois Street
Golden, CO United States 80401
- Aude, T C
- Thompson, T L
- Wasp, E J
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal pipelines; Economic analysis; Pipeline transportation; Pipelines; Plans (Drawings); Slurry pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Pipelines); Ore pipelines; Pipeline description and plans; Pipeline economics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056484
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Hydrodynamics Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper K2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM