POWER OPTIMISATION OF HYDRAULIC TRANSPORTATION OF SOLID CAPSULES
Non-dimensional parameters for correlating excess energy, due to the presence of capsules in a pipeline, together with capsule velocity are developed into a power equation. The effect of independent variables on power dissipation for mobile capsules is determined. The power requirements for a capsule transportation system are optimised and a psi-parameter is introduced representing the energy per kg m which is minimized for design purposes. Examples of design charts are presented which enable power requirements as well as pipe and capsule variables to be determined for a given capsule mass delivery rate.
- Presented at HYDROTRANSPORT 3--Third International Conference on the Hydraulic Transport of Solids in Pipes, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colo., May 15-17, 1974. Sponsored by BHRA Fluid Engineering. Complete set of Conference papers available for $45.00.
Colorado School of Mines1500 Illinois Street
Golden, CO United States 80401
- Lazarus, J H
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Atmospheric pressure; Capsule pipelines; Pipe flow
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline flow theory; Pressure gradient
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00056477
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Hydrodynamics Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper G4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM