TEMPORARY VISCOSITY LOSS IN SHEAR STABILITY TESTING
The relationships between the permanent and temporary viscosity losses were examined for 43 oils at 100 degree C and 150 degree C. High-shear-rate viscosities were measured at a shear rate of 10**6 s** - **1 in a capillary viscometer for new oils and used oils. New oils that had been subjected to 20 cycles in the fuel injector shear stability test were considered to be used oils in this program.
- For Meeting held October 20-23, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Alexander, D L
- Rein, S W
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Fluorine; Losses; Lubricating oils; Shear strength; Shear tests; Stability (Mechanics); Viscometers; Viscosity
- Old TRIS Terms: Shear stability testing
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; I35: Miscellaneous Materials;
- Accession Number: 00335102
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 801390
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM