NITROSAMINE EMISSIONS FROM DIESELS
Diesel engine exhaust and blowby gases were sampled and analyzed for nitrosamines. Tenax-GC traps were used as collection media. Three engines were sampled. Tenax-GC material used contained significant quantities of dimethyl nitrosamine as impurities. A cleaning procedure was developed to precondition the traps. No nitrosamines were detected in either exhaust or blowby down to levels of 90 pptr and 10 pptr, respectively.
- For Meeting held October 20-23, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- SLONE, R J
- Scheffel, R W
- SHAHED, S M
- Petersen, B
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Contaminants; Diesel engines; Exhaust gases; Pollutants
- Old TRIS Terms: Exhaust emission control; Nitrosamine emissions
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00335099
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 801375
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM