REDUCING THE COST OF ALUMINUM BODY PANELS
Over the last five years aluminum has been used in approximately 15 major "hang on" exterior body panel parts. Also, large quantities of sheet have been used on many stamped and roll formed parts such as station wagon load floors and seat components. The material presented deals with high visibility parts including deck lids and hoods and offers the reader a view of cost versus weight savings not previously published.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting September 8-11, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Smith, N W
- Grant, J E
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Applications; Automobiles; Costs; Foil; Motor vehicle bodies; Panels; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bodies
- Old TRIS Terms: Aluminum sheet; Automobile bodies
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00334752
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800931
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM