INTERMODAL MODULE CONCEPT FOR FREIGHT
A concept is presented for a family of sturdy, lightweight, inexpensive, forkliftable freight shipping cartons for the smaller shipments, the less-than-truckload, less-than-containerload shipments making up the majority of air freight. Module suitability to small shippers and many transportation vehicles indicates potential applications and benefits could be far reaching throughout the transportation system. Prototype cartons have been built for demonstration.
- For Meeting held September 30-October 2, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- FOLLING, N D
- Peoples, P L
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 14 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Commodities; Containerization; Containers; Freight traffic; Less than truckload traffic; Packaging; Physical distribution; Standardization
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00334712
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 801050
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM