DISC BRAKE LININGS--ANALYTICAL STUDY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
This paper highlights some of the most important characteristics of a friction material in general, and in a disc brake application in particular. Further, it shows how the topic of friction material properties be approached by an individual involved in design, development, testing, or marketing of the brake linings. Based upon the author's first-hand experience in this field, a "Friction Material Analysis Chart" has been developed, which summarizes the salient features associated with brake linings. From a practical standpoint, this chart would be a valuable tool in the analysis and selection of a friction material for a brake application.
- For Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Joshi, M N
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Brake shoes; Coefficient of friction; Disc brakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00334331
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800782
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM