PORTABLE MULTI-MODE ANALYSER FOR ELECTRONIC IGNITION
Faults in electronic ignition systems are difficult to diagnose, particularly when the fault shows itself as a misfire rather than as complete ignition failure. An instrument has been developed which will detect misfires and intermittent faults on a running engine and may be used when a vehicle is being driven.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Walker, M J
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Electronic equipment; Failure; Ignition systems; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Electronic means; Multi-mode ignition system analyzer
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00331798
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800819
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM