EQUATION OF HORIZONTAL VIBRATION OF A MULTI-SPAN BRIDGE AND ITS APPLICATION TO MODEL TEST
This paper describes an analytical method on the horizontal vibration of a multi-span bridge with simple supports, and its application to a two-span model bridge. The effect of mass and that of spring by girders, which influence the pier with girders, are discussed when the pier with girders bears a resemblance to a model of one degree of freedom.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Johnson, T W
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: 9 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Automotive engineering; Bridge piers; Costs; Mathematical models; Railroad bridges; Railroad transportation; Repairing; Serviceability; Vehicle design; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Repairs
- Old TRIS Terms: Horizontal vibrations
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Highways; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00331795
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800818
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM