LIGHT-WEIGHT BUMPER SYSTEM UTILIZING AZDEL GLASS FIBER REINFORCED THERMOPLASTIC LAMINATE
This study presents the investigation of a continuous glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic in a light-weight, energy-absorbing bumper system through its design, fabrication and successful prototype testing. Material properties, design parameters, molding process and vehicle impact testing will be reviewed.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- CAMPBELL, R D
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Applied mechanics; Automobiles; Bumpers; Crash tests; Energy absorbing materials; Fabrication; Forming; Glass fibers; Laminates; Lightweight materials; Physical properties; Reinforced plastics; Structural design; Structural mechanics; Thermoplastic materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy absorbing bumpers; Plastics (Reinforced); Structural applications
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I35: Miscellaneous Materials; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00331794
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800817
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM