HIGH PERFORMANCE RESIN TECHNOLOGY FOR STRUCTURAL AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONS
In 1978 ICI Americas introduced a family of high performance resins and a unique urethane thickening process for the production of structural grade SMC. A review of the benefits and advantages of this technology in relation to structural automotive applications is given. The suitability and desirability of utilizing these materials as light-weight replacement materials for structural automotive uses is explored. Actual field experience is used to summarize the usefulness of these materials in structural automotive applications.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Howatineck, F J
- Reitz III, J A
- Feltzin, J
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Applied mechanics; Benefits; Building materials; Lightweight materials; Motor vehicle bodies; Plastics; Resins; Structural mechanics; Technological innovations; Vehicular materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies; Automobile materials; Structural application
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment; I35: Miscellaneous Materials; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00331793
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800816
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM