NEW ENGINEERING THERMOPLASTIC RESINS BASED ON POLYBUTYLENE TEREPHTHALATE
Gafite LW molding compounds are impact modified, mica/glass reinforced polybutylene terephthalate. They will meet a variety of design and molding criteria for such components as side and rear panels, louvres, deck lids and fender extensions, and are also of interest in other industries where low warpage characteristics are desired.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- CHARLES, J
- Gasman, R C
- Sudduth, R D
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Applied mechanics; Automotive engineering; Design; Forming; Glass fiber reinforced plastics; Glass fibers; Lightweight materials; Plastics; Reinforced plastics; Resins; Structural mechanics; Thermoplastic materials; Vehicular materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile materials; Structural application
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment; I35: Miscellaneous Materials; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00331792
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800815
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM