INFLUENCES OF DEFORMATION MODE AND HEAT TREATMENT ON POST-FORMED TENSILE PROPERTIES OF 6009 ALUMINUM SHEET
The effects of cold deformation, sample orientation, and artificial aging (paint cure simulation) after forming on the tensile properties of 6009 aluminum sheet of two thicknesses, 0.035 in (0.889 mm) and 0.071 in (1.80 mm) were studied. Three modes of deformation were imposed; cold rolling, simple tension, and die compression.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Bogan, R S
- Piehler, H R
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Deformation; Foil; Heat; Light metals; Lightweight materials; Metal heating; Motor vehicles; Sheet metal; Tensile properties; Thickness; Vehicular materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Heat treatment
- Old TRIS Terms: Aluminum sheet; Automobile materials
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment; I34: Steels and Metals; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00331785
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800801
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM