EUROPEAN WINTER TIRE TESTING
Winter tire testing in Europe, from the snowy passes of the Alps to the ice and cold of Scandinavia, is described. Methodology of evaluation and how it has evolved is examined. The continuing need for a winter tire to supplement summer tire performance is explored. The future of winter tires is discussed from the standpoint of service requirements and government regulations.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Kneip, J V
- Derooy, A F
- Kind, G J
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Driving; Ice; Performance tests; Regulations; Snow; Snow cover; Tires; Traction; Winter
- Old TRIS Terms: Snow traction performance
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00331783
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800837, HS-030 919
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1983 12:00AM