CLOSED-LOOP A/F CONTROL MODEL FOR INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES
A mathematical model is developed which describes the operation of an A/F control system containing an engine, an exhaust gas oxygen sensor, and a feedback controller. The dependence of model parameters on engine operating conditions is discussed, and the model is used to compare integral and proportional/integral control algorithms. Actual data obtained on an engine-dynamometer are presented to test the validity of the model.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Hamburg, D R
- Shulman, M A
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Catalysts; Control; Control systems; Exhaust gases; Internal combustion engines; Mathematical models; Oxygen; Sensors; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air fuel ratio
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Three-way catalyst control systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00331773
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800826
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM