VENTURI VACUUM TRANSDUCER ENABLES HEAVY EGR CONTROL
In order to significantly reduce NOx levels by EGR (exhaust gas recirculation), while maintaining good fuel economy and driveability, the EGR flow rate must be properly and accurately controlled under a variety of engine operating conditions. Toward this objective, a new EGR control system was developed. It utilizes a carburetor venturi vacuum for a stable reference signal that represents the engine operating condition and it controls the EGR flow rate by using a feedback principle to obtain sufficient flexibility compatible with several different engines.
- From SAE Meeting held Juen 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Aoyama, S
- HAYASHI, Y
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Carburetors; Control systems; Exhaust gas recirculation; Exhaust gases; Flow; Fuel consumption; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Flow rate
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Recirculation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00331771
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800824
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM