ELECTRONIC REPLACEMENT OF VACUUM CONTROLS IN AUTOMOTIVE CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEMS
This paper discusses an electronically controlled, electric servo control system for air conditioning and heater controls which is independent of vacuum, and engine operation. This new system uses electric motor driven actuators to position mode valves and the air blend valve through a microprocessor in the control panel. The microprocessor is preprogrammed to automatically regulate system operation and blower speeds. It also provides the capability to analyze actuator positions and wiring, and provides a positive go-no-go visual diagnostic signal if service is required.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Rubin, F D
- Wilke, R A
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 19 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Applications; Automobiles; Electronic control; Microprocessors
- Old TRIS Terms: Computers (Microprocessor)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I92: Vehicle Comfort;
- Accession Number: 00331762
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800793
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM