AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONIC CLIMATE CONTROL HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM
The Cadillac electronic climate control heating and air conditioning system provides automatic control of the passenger compartment temperature. It utilizes a microcomputer to control the operation of electrical, mechanical and vacuum components that regulate the amount and temperature of air delivered into the car to maintain the "customer set" comfort level. The first step in the evolution of this new system was to define the performance requirements. With this established, the system was then designed, tested and developed in the laboratory and on the road until this desired performance was achieved.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Zunich, J P
- Powell, P R
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 17 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Applications; Automobiles; Electronic control; Microcomputers; Microprocessors
- Old TRIS Terms: Computers (Microprocessor)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I92: Vehicle Comfort;
- Accession Number: 00331761
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800792
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM