LIGHTWEIGHT SEPARATE FUNCTION CALIPERS WITH ALL ALUMINIUM ALLOY HOUSINGS
An unusual design approach has been used to produce an unprecedentedly thin bridge section in an all aluminum disk brake caliper housing. This feature was employed in the Girlock Slimline Colette caliper, making it the first production caliper having: separate members for the brake torque and clamp functions, sealed lubricated slides, low total weight, and the facility of using a larger diameter disk.
- From SAE Meeting held June 9-13, 1980.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Caplygin, D
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 17 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Aluminum alloys; Disc brakes; Housings; Hydraulic brakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Brakes (Hydraulic)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00331754
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800785
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM