FULL SCALE AND MODEL TEST WITH A LAYBARGE SYSTEM
This paper presents some aspects related to full scale and model tests for pipelaying operations using conventional type laybarge. These tests were performed to obtain a correlation between model test and full scale test in this kind of offshore operation. As shown by the results, a good correlation was obtained between full scale and model measurements.
- Proceedings of the 12th Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Volume 4, Houston, Texas, 5-8 May 1980.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX USA 45206
- Hirata, K
- Fernandes, A C
- Tachibana, T I
- Da Silva, S
- Ielo, VCF
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 411-418
- TRT Terms: Barges; Environmental impacts; Pipe laying; Prototype tests; Ships; Structural models
- Candidate Terms: Pipe laying ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship models
- Old TRIS Terms: Model testing
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Environment; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00331703
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTC 3897 Conf Proc.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM