LOADOUT TO INSTALLATION OF THE MURCHISON JACKET
Murchison was the first jacket of over 25000 Tonne launch weight and thus helped identify design methods and procedures where none previously existed. The successful load out and launch of the structure showed that a rational assessment of all the factors influencing the procedure and good forward planning can make the installation of barge launched structures of this size a reliable proposition.
- Proceedings of the 12th Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Volume 3, Houston, Texas, 5-8 May 1980.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX USA 45206
- Guy, R G
- Clifford, WRH
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 379-387
- TRT Terms: Barges; Launching; Offshore structures; Transportation; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge transportation
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00331701
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTC 3837 Conf Proc.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM