RISER ANGLE POSITIONING SYSTEM (RAPS)
A system has been developed to provide adequate position reference backup for a dynamically positioned vessel's primary position reference. This system employs two or more riser angle indicators, one located at the top and one at the bottom of the riser with any additional sensors located at intermediate points along the riser.
- Proceedings of the 12th Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Volume 2, Houston, Texas, 5-8 May 1980.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 45206
- Dean, Q W
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 169-179
- TRT Terms: Drilling ships; Dynamic positioning; Risers (Geology)
- Old TRIS Terms: Drillships; Marine risers; Positioning control systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00331698
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTC 3755 Conf Proc.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM