ON THE SEA ICE CONDITIONS IN THE GREENLAND AND BARENTS SEAS
The purpose of the present paper is to summarize our knowledge on the sea ice conditions of the Greenland and Barents Seas. The Atlantic sector of the Arctic may be divided into ... the East Greenland current, the Jan Mayen Gyre and the Barents Sea. The ice drift and the composition of the ice in these areas are discussed.
- POAC 79, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions, Trondheim, Norway, 13-17 August 1979.
Norwegian Institute of TechnologyN-7034 Trondheim, Norway
- Loeng, H
- Vinje, T E
- POAC 79, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.
- Location: Trondheim , Norway
- Date: 1979-8-13 to 1979-8-17
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 163-176
- TRT Terms: Drift ice; Dynamics; Ice; Ice phenomena; Sea ice
- Geographic Terms: Greenland
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice characteristics; Ice dynamics
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00331667
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Arctic Science and Technology Information System
- Report/Paper Numbers: Volume 1 Conf Proc
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 12 1981 12:00AM